by sarah hair
1. The boys father was not treating his son well.
2. Kuo-Haya is timid and can't wrestle.
3. The mother bear treats him nice unlike his father.
4. The medicine man tells the boys father to lead the boy to manhood.
5. The boys father proves to his son that people will be nice to him now.
1. Have you heard the old saying, "There are two sides to every story"? What does that saying mean? Yes I have heard that saying. The saying means that two people in the same situation have different sides to the story.
2. Imagine that Chanticleer and Reynard are both looking back at the events that just happened between them. What might Chanticleer say if he were telling his version of the story of what happened? Chanticleer might say that he was sitting around and Reynard snuck up on him and told him to close his eyes and sing and he tricked him and caught him.
3. What would Reynard say? How would his prospective be different from Chanticleer's? I think that Reynard would say that he wanted to hear Chanticleer sing and then wanted to see how important he is to the farm. His prospective would be different from Chanticleer's because Reynard would be trying to prove that he is right and it is not his fault.
The first inhabitants of Florida were Paleo Indians and the Vero Man. People in FLorida sometimes found mounds of seashells because during hurricanes stuff from the sea washed into the streets and on the shores. The Spanish got Florida earlier because they fought the French and won. After settler attacks on Indians towns, Seminole Indians based in East Florida began raiding Georgia settlements, purportedly at at the behest of the Spanish. The United States Army led increasingly frequent incursions into Spanish territory, including the 1817-1818 campaign against the Seminole Indians by Andrew Jackson that became known as the First Seminole War. Following the war, the United States effectively controlled East Florida. Spain ceded Florida to the United States in exchange for the American renunciation of any claims on Texas and $5 million.
The state capital is Tallahassee.
The largest city is Jacksonville.
The population is about 18,328,340 people.
The highest point is Britton Hill.
The lowest point is the Atlantic.
The state bird is the Mockingbird.
The state butterfly is the Zebra Longwing.
The state fish are the Florida largemouth bass, and the Atlantic sailfish.
The state flower is the Orange Blossom.
The state mammals are the Florida panther, the Manatee, and the Bottlenosed dolphin.
The state reptile is the American Alligator.
The state tree is the Sabal Palmetto.
Florida is a state located in the southeastern region of the united states, bordering Alabama to the northwest and Georgia to the north.
Florida is nicknamed the "Sunshine State" because of its generally warm climate. It is 80.5 (F) degrees in north Florida in summer, it is 82.7 (F) degrees in south Florida in summer, it is 53.0 (F) degrees in north Florida during winter, and 68.5 (F) degrees in south Florida in winter.
The state sales tax is 6%, The corporate tax is 5.5%, and there is no state income tax. During 2007 the real estate market collapsed. Nearly 30,000 Floridians had filed for bankruptcy midyear. Unemployment statewide has risen 6.5%, the biggest job losses have come in construction.
74.54% of Florida residents age 5 and older spoke English as a first language, 18.65% Spanish, 1.73% spoke French Creole, 0.63% spoke French, 0.45% spoke German, 0.44% spoke Portuguese, 0.32% spoke Italian, 0.30% spoke Vietnamese, and 0.23% spoke Arabic.
1. What is Chanticleer's voice compared to? Chanticleer's voice is compared to an Angel's voice.
2. Describe Chanticleer bad dream. His dream is about a dog like beast that captured him.
3. What does Chanticleer say his dream might be warning him about? He says his dream might be warning him about danger.
4. What trick does Reynard use to capture Chanticleer? He tells him to sing and to sing with his eyes closed.
5. What trick does Chanticleer use to escape from Reynard? He says to brag about how fast he can run but Reynard was holding Chanticleer with his teeth and if Reynard started to talk Chanticleer could fly away.
6. After Chanticleer escapes, what does Reynard say to him? He says that he was only proving how important he is to the farm and wants him to come see something important.